Phuong Thi // Vietnam
Tuyen Greeting Card - Ferris Wheel
Why we love it
Meaning messenger, the cream colored Tuyen Greeting card with white envelope, comes in a variety of styles for you to choose from depending on the occasion you are celebrating. True pieces of art, these beautiful, pop-up cards from Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam feature intricately laser-cut and hand-folded shapes including a ferris wheel, flower bouquet, and cake among other designs. Delight a friend, relative, or loved one with this finely crafted card that has plenty of blank space for your personal written message.
Meet our artisans
Quilling, or paper filigree, is the meticulous art of creating intricate shapes from trimmed strips of paper. Started in ancient Egypt, quilling originated between 300-400 AD and grew to popularity in Europe and the East over the centuries. In Vietnam, women are taught the craft in school, which has led to the development of a cottage industry. Tiny strips of cream colored paper are rolled, shaped and glued together by female craftswomen who genuinely love the creative outlet that quilling provides. These cards were produced in a quilling factory owned and operated by Phuong Thi, a young female entrepreneur, that provides a safe environment for workers who are paid per finished piece.
- Made of natural pulp fibers
- Includes blank, cream colored card and white envelope for presentation or mailing
- Weight: (0.08 lbs) 37 g
- Vary in size depending on design: (7”x7” to 4”x6”)
- Origin: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Why choose INA + ILIA?
- Receive one of a kind, high-quality, conscious products rooted in positive energy
- You know where your home decor products are made, and who makes them
- Our makers are paid fair market wages
- Empower artisans and their communities financially and socially
- Help them share and sustain traditional crafts
Our gift to you
With every INA + ILIA purchase, you will receive a free rainbow moonstone as a token of our thanks for supporting global female craftswomen. Rainbow moonstones harness energy to help women to recognize and embrace their personal power and inner strength. It teaches us confidence, and emanates great life force, vitality and overwhelming joy. By connecting our customers with female artisans around the world, we hope to help you ignite your own inner light and create a conscious home.