Jat Weaving Collective // India
Saloni Tablecloth + Wall Hanging
Why we love it
The name Saloni means beautiful, and these stunning one of a kind hand-embroidered textiles are a beautiful example of the mirror-work found in Gujarat, India. Woven cotton with mirror detailing on organic burlap, these colorful Saloni Tablecloth + Wall Hanging will rejuvenate any area of your home. With sun and heart motifs, these dowry pieces that you see are the actual product you will receive. Whether you choose to frame the piece, or use it as a runner, or even place it on the floor under a side table you will be sure to spark conversation with this stunner of an ancient woven piece, typically found in a bride’s dowry chest. The heavy-duty burlap and embroidery give the piece a patchwork-quilt feel to the touch. Makes a perfect wedding or birthday gift.
Meet our artisans
The Saloni wall hanging hails from Gujarat, India by a female weaver from the Jat Weaving Collective in the Banni Grassland Reserve. Mirror work produced by this community is influenced by motifs and designs that have long been integrated into the culture and heritage of traditional Indian textile handicrafts. Craftswomen and men in this region are highly skilled in mirror work production and embroidery, often completed as heavy patchwork quilts.
- 100% cotton on organic burlap backing (note - can be made into a pillowcase)
- One of a kind piece from dowry chest
- Has imperfections due to handmade nature (slight variations between the two)
- Dimensions: 27” wide x 27” tall x 0.2” thick
- Weight: (0.7 lbs) 338 g
Why choose INA + ILIA?
- Receive one of a kind, high-quality, conscious products rooted in positive energy
- You know where your home decor products are made, and who makes them
- Our makers are paid fair market wages
- Empower artisans and their communities financially and socially
- Help them share and sustain traditional crafts
Our gift to you
With every INA + ILIA purchase, you will receive a free rainbow moonstone as a token of our thanks for supporting global female craftswomen. Rainbow moonstones harness energy to help women to recognize and embrace their personal power and inner strength. It teaches us confidence, and emanates great life force, vitality and overwhelming joy. By connecting our customers with female artisans around the world, we hope to help you ignite your own inner light and create a conscious home.