Kutch Craftswomen Collective // India
Anika Embroidered + Mirrored Raw Silk Clutch
Why we love it
Our regal looking rectangular Anika Embroidered + Mirrored Raw Silk Clutch featuring green, with and black embroidery, pearlized buttons and three prongs will add a pop of color to your outfit, whether heading out for the evening in t-shirt and jeans or a ball gown. Adorned with finely embroidered mirror work on the front, the Anika clutch is a timeless classic that evokes strength, power, and positive energy. Whether searching for a compliment to a special outfit or looking to add a unique piece to your wardrobe, look no further. These embroideries help preserve a tradition that has been passed on for centuries, often offered as customary gifts in weddings, dowries, and spiritual ceremonies.
Meet our artisans
The Anika clutch is handmade by the nomadic Rabaris craftswomen part of the Kutch Craftswomen Collective who have passed on their needlework tradition from generation to generation. The women are part of a cooperative of 1200+ rural artisans from 11 ethnic communities across 65 villages in arid interiors of Kutch, India. Providing socioeconomic empowerment to women, the collective preserves traditional Kutch embroidery - a beautiful and heavily detailed form of Indian traditional embroidery which originates from the Kutch region of Gujarat in North Western India. The embroidery techniques comprise a combination of stitches and mirrors, or ‘abhla.’ These small mirrors and sometimes even beads are used along with embroidery, placed decoratively along geometric patterns.
- Made of 100% orange raw silk with black cotton interior and lining
- Fine black, green, orange and white embroidery on orange raw silk, including detailed mirroring and pearlized buttons on front flap
- Includes zippered pocket inside clutch, which is closed with two white pearlized buttons
- Dimensions: 6.2” h x 8” w x 0.5” thick
- Weight: (0.2 lbs) X 100g
- Origin: Kutch, Gujarat - India
Why choose INA + ILIA?
- Receive one of a kind, high-quality, conscious products rooted in positive energy
- You know where your home decor products are made, and who makes them
- Our makers are paid fair market wages
- Empower artisans and their communities financially and socially
- Help them share and sustain traditional crafts
Our gift to you
With every INA + ILIA purchase, you will receive a free rainbow moonstone as a token of our thanks for supporting global female craftswomen. Rainbow moonstones harness energy to help women to recognize and embrace their personal power and inner strength. It teaches us confidence, and emanates great life force, vitality and overwhelming joy. By connecting our customers with female artisans around the world, we hope to help you ignite your own inner light and create a conscious home.