Textile Weaving Women’s Group // Thailand
Chailai Throw + Tablerunner
Why we love it
Bring a playful pop of color into your home with this white and indigo fringed Chailai Throw that can double as a Tablerunner. Lay it on the floor as a soft rug, on your dining table as a tablecloth for your next dinner party, or curl up on the couch and use it as a warm blanket to relax and unwind with. Heading outside? Pack it in your bag to use as a beach blanket, or cozy wrap for an outdoor movie night. The Chailia Throw pattern represents the sun and waves, shepherding in tranquility and warmth into your home.
Meet our artisans
The Chailai Throw is handwoven by Thai women in rural communities working for a small, female-lead business, the Textile Weaving Women's Group, in the surrounding areas of Bangkok, Thailand. Each piece is mud dipped in natural dye, an ancient process that Thai craftswomen carry on today. By using many applications of plant juices, teas and mud, they are able to hand dye the cotton fibres and create these one-of-a-kind pieces.
- 100% cotton
- Mud-dipped in natural dye
- Machine wash cold, hang dry
- Dimensions: 29.75" wide x 81.5" long (89.5" including fringe)
Why choose INA + ILIA?
- Receive one of a kind, high-quality, conscious products rooted in positive energy
- You know where your home decor products are made, and who makes them
- Our makers are paid fair market wages
- Empower artisans and their communities financially and socially
- Help them share and sustain traditional crafts
Our gift to you
With every INA + ILIA purchase, you will receive a free rainbow moonstone as a token of our thanks for supporting global female craftswomen. Rainbow moonstones harness energy to help women to recognize and embrace their personal power and inner strength. It teaches us confidence, and emanates great life force, vitality and overwhelming joy. By connecting our customers with female artisans around the world, we hope to help you ignite your own inner light and create a conscious home.