Kutch Craftswomen Collective // India
Aesha Silk Tassel + Mirror Cross Body Bag
Why we love it
A wish come true, this delightful, finely hand pink raw silk beaded and mirrored cross body bag with tassels is a true showstopper. Add a pop of color to your outfit, whether heading out for the evening in a t-shirt and jeans or a cocktail dress. Adorned with finely embroidered mirror work, the Aesha cross body envelope bag is a timeless classic that invites in positive energy and light. Delicate to the touch but made of natural, organic raw silk fibers you will want to wear this again and again. Looking for a bridal shower gift or sweet sixteen present? This is it. These embroideries help preserve a tradition that has been passed on for centuries, often offered as customary gifts in weddings, dowries, and spiritual ceremonies.
Meet our artisans
The Aesha cross body bag is handmade by the Kutch Craftswomen Collective who have passed on their needlework tradition from generation to generation. The women are part of a cooperative of 1200+ rural artisans from 11 ethnic communities across 65 villages in arid interiors of Kutch, India. Providing socioeconomic empowerment to women, the collective preserves traditional Kutch embroidery - a beautiful and heavily detailed form of Indian traditional embroidery which originates from the Kutch region of Gujarat in North Western India. The embroidery techniques comprise a combination of stitches and mirrors, or ‘abhla.’ These small mirrors and sometimes even beads are used along with embroidery, placed decoratively along geometric patterns.
- Made of 100% fine raw silk featuring hand-mirrored embroidery and beaded light brown beaded purse string, pearlized button detailing, and zippered enclosure
- Teal linen interior
- Envelope flap closure with zipper inside
- Dimensions: 7.5” w x 6” h (0.25” thick)
- Weight: (0.3 lbs) X 130g
- Origin: Kutch, Gujarat - India
Why choose INA + ILIA?
- Receive one of a kind, high-quality, conscious products rooted in positive energy
- You know where your home decor products are made, and who makes them
- Our makers are paid fair market wages
- Empower artisans and their communities financially and socially
- Help them share and sustain traditional crafts
Our gift to you
With every INA + ILIA purchase, you will receive a free rainbow moonstone as a token of our thanks for supporting global female craftswomen. Rainbow moonstones harness energy to help women to recognize and embrace their personal power and inner strength. It teaches us confidence, and emanates great life force, vitality and overwhelming joy. By connecting our customers with female artisans around the world, we hope to help you ignite your own inner light and create a conscious home.