Kutch Craftswomen Collective // India
Myrthi Embroidered + Mirrored Silk Jewelry Pouch
Why we love it
This gorgeous Myrthi Embroidered + Mirrored Silk Jewelry Pouch featuring a rising sun and star motif is the perfect storage or gift giving solution for a small keepsake or piece of jewelry. The delicate, one of a kind silk pouch is adorned with finely embroidered gold, royal blue and cardinal colored thread, heralding in strength, power, and positive energy. This miniature piece of art will welcome in ‘oos and ahs’ from the receiver, which is why we have named it after the Indian girl’s name for friendship. Pouch can also double as a small children’s purse
Meet our artisans
The Myrthi jewelry pouch is handmade by the Kutch Craftswomen Collective working as part of a cooperative of 1200+ rural artisans from 11 ethnic communities across 65 villages in arid interiors of Kutch, India. Providing socioeconomic empowerment to women, the collective preserves traditional Kutch embroidery -
a beautiful and heavily detailed form of Indian traditional embroidery which originates from the Kutch region of Gujarat in North Western India. The embroidery techniques comprise a combination of stitches and mirrors, or ‘abhla.’ These small mirrors and sometimes even beads are used along with embroidery, placed decoratively along geometric patterns.
- Made of 100% royal blue silk organza with a black drawstring and longer black cotton purse string
- Fine cardinal red and royal blue embroidery on black cotton, including detailed mirroring on front and back
- Dimensions: 5”x5”
- Weight: (0.09 lbs) X 43g
- Origin: Kutch, Gujarat - India
Why choose INA + ILIA?
- Receive one of a kind, high-quality, conscious products rooted in positive energy
- You know where your home decor products are made, and who makes them
- Our makers are paid fair market wages
- Empower artisans and their communities financially and socially
- Help them share and sustain traditional crafts
Our gift to you
With every INA + ILIA purchase, you will receive a free rainbow moonstone as a token of our thanks for supporting global female craftswomen. Rainbow moonstones harness energy to help women to recognize and embrace their personal power and inner strength. It teaches us confidence, and emanates great life force, vitality and overwhelming joy. By connecting our customers with female artisans around the world, we hope to help you ignite your own inner light and create a conscious home.