Jat Weaving Collective // India
Ladli Rag Doll
Why we love it
Given as a pair or one its own, this beautiful, handmade Ladli Rag Doll from Gujarat, India is representative of the women and men of the region that turn out the beautiful, hand embroidered and beaded textiles enjoyed the world over. A perfect baby shower gift or newborn gift, this organic cotton and natural dye toy is best preserved on a shelf as decoration. A wonderful way to educate your children about people around the world!
Meet our artisans
The Ladli Rag Doll hails from Gujarat, India and was made by female weavers from the Jat community in the Banni Grassland Reserve. Bead work produced by this community is influenced by motifs and designs that have long been integrated into the culture and heritage of traditional Indian textile handicrafts. Craftswomen and men in this region are highly skilled in mirror work production and embroidery, often completed as heavy patchwork quilts.
- Made of 100% cotton
- Safe for children 5+
- Dimensions: 14” h x 4” w x 3” d (7” h x 2” w x 1” d)
- Weight: (0.5 lbs) X 250g (0.06 lbs, 29g)
- Origin: Gujarat, India
Why choose INA + ILIA?
- Receive one of a kind, high-quality, conscious products rooted in positive energy
- You know where your home decor products are made, and who makes them
- Our makers are paid fair market wages
- Empower artisans and their communities financially and socially
- Help them share and sustain traditional crafts
Our gift to you
With every INA + ILIA purchase, you will receive a free rainbow moonstone as a token of our thanks for supporting global female craftswomen. Rainbow moonstones harness energy to help women to recognize and embrace their personal power and inner strength. It teaches us confidence, and emanates great life force, vitality and overwhelming joy. By connecting our customers with female artisans around the world, we hope to help you ignite your own inner light and create a conscious home.